The Comedy of ErrorsBook - 2011
"I see two husbands, or mine eyes deceive me."
-- The Comedy of Errors
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this raucous story of mistaken identity and family--along with more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including
* an original Introduction to The Comedy of Errors
* incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
* commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
* photographs of key RSC productions
* an overview of Shakespeare's theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.